Let’s face it, some workouts can really use that extra jolt of energy. You know, the kind of music that you can’t help but start swaying or bopping along to. The kind of beats that will wake you up better than that second (or third) cup of coffee. That’s exactly the idea behind this week’s playlist.
But that doesn’t mean you need to use the songs on this playlist for a dance cardio workout. I love listening to dance music on the days I’m feeling especially sluggish. There’s just something about the heavy bass, thumping rhythms, and catchy vocals that get me motivated and push me through the end of the workout. Having said that, if you’d like to use this playlist to jump around, shimmy, shake, or drop it low—you should absolutely go for it.
This playlist is also great for study breaks, when you want to get up and wiggle for a few minutes between chapters, or even as a hype-me-up playlist to use as you get ready for a night out. Why not turn your makeup routine into a full-on choreography moment? This list is dappled with classic bangers you’re sure to know—Rihanna’s “We Found Love” and Lady Gaga’s “Just Dance”—plus new favorites—“Hold Me Closer” from Britney Spears and Elton John, and “SUMMER RENAISSANCE” from Beyoncé. So clear some space, turn up the volume, and get ready to groove. Listen to the playlist below, or keep scrolling for all the tracks.
- “Hold Me Closer” by Elton John, Britney Spears
- “Just Dance” by Lady Gaga, Colby O’Donis
- “Levitating – Don Diablo Remix” by Dua Lipa, DaBaby
- “One More Time” by Daft Punk
- “SUMMER RENAISSANCE” by Beyoncé
- “Cake by the Ocean” by DNCE
- “Dancing With the DJ” by The Knocks
- “Crazy” by Gnarls Barkley
- “You Got the Love – New Voyager Radio Edit” by The Source, Candi Staton
- “Payback” by Cheat Codes feat. Icona Pop
- “Burn” by Ellie Golding
- “Hot Stuff” by Kygo, Donna Summer
- “Hello” by Martin Solveig feat. Dragonette
- “Starstruck” by Years & Years
- “We Found Love” by Rihanna, Calvin Harris
- “On the Floor” Radio Edit by Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull
- “Bad Habits – MEDUZA Remix” by Ed Sheeran
- “Stupid Love” by Lady Gaga
- “Dark Horse” by Katy Perry, Juicy J
- “You” by Regard, Troye Sivan, Tate McRae
- “Seventh Heaven” by Beck