I learned a long time ago that a quick run or workout could be the perfect antidote to reset my mood. Whether it’s a crappy day at work, a frustrating conversation, or just a general malaise, sometimes getting up to move (outside, ideally) makes all the difference.
Something else that really helps, of course, is having the right music. Not just songs with upbeat tempos, but ones that have feel-good lyrics and ridiculously catchy refrains. These are songs that keep me running even even when I’m lacking motivation or feeling sluggish. You know, the kind of songs that get stuck in your head and keep a smile on your face.
So that’s what this running playlist is all about. It’s packed with pop remixes and heavy dance beats to keep you running with your head high and shoulders back. You’ll find remixed hits from artists already dominating the charts, like Haim, Lizzo, and Dua Lipa, plus classics from EDM legends like The Chemical Brothers and Daft Punk. As with the other recent playlists I created, it starts off with a couple of songs that are a bit more chill to ease you into a workout, and at the end there’s one song to help you wind back down. But if you aren’t a runner or if you’re really short on time, feel free to pick any track on this list, drop your work for the duration of the song, and just dance around your room. You can browse the playlist below or keep scrolling for the complete track list. So let’s go! Time to run, move, dance or just shake off a bad day.
- “Summer Girl,” Amber Mark Remix by Haim
- “D.A.N.C.E.,” Radio Edit by Justice
- “Ghost,” Oliver Nelson Remix by Ella Henderson
- “About Damn Time,” Purple Disco Machine Remix by Lizzo
- “Do it Again,” by Röyksopp, Robyn
- “Call Me Maybe,” by Carly Rae Jepsen
- “New Love,” by Silk City, Diplo, Mark Ronson feat. Ellie Golding
- “Music Sounds Better With You,” Radio Edit by Stardust
- “Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger,” by Daft Punk
- “Seven Nation Army,” by Gaullin, Julian Perretta
- “Lean On,” CRNKN Remix by Major Lazor, DJ Snake, MØ
- “Love Again,” Imanbek Remix by Dua Lipa
- “Lady – Hear Me Tonight,” by Modjo
- “Sunroof,” Loud Luxury Remix by Nicky Youre, Dazy
- “I Love It,” by Icona Pop feat. Charli XCX
- “Star Guitar,” Radio Edit by The Chemical Brothers
- “Break My Soul,” by Beyoncé
- “Deeper,” by Shawn Hook
- “Ice Cream,” by Blackpink feat. Selena Gomez
- “My Type,” by Saint Motel
- “Dear to Me,” by Electric Guest