January can feel like a time of extremes: On one hand, the holiday rush is over, so perhaps your social calendar has been freed up a bit. On the other hand, there’s no shortage of pressure to suddenly fill every free second with new habits, resolutions, and annual goals.
I’m not entirely opposed to resolutions. If you use January to reevaluate or think about what you most want to accomplish in the next 365 days, and if that process genuinely, honestly brings you joy, then good for you! I’m all for it! But if all the talk of overhauling what might already be a very comfortable and good life just fills you with anxiety, skip it! Goal setting, like so much of striving for a balanced life, is highly personal.
That’s part of the reason why we focused the Good Vibes Workout—our annual January workout program—on cultivating joy and happiness. (The program kicked off on January 1, but if you’d like to join, you can sign up to receive the daily workouts for free here.) For many people (myself included!) a little movement can go a long way in bringing some joy to the cold, gloomy days of this month. The workouts in this program are designed to uplift you and make you feel energized for whatever the day throws your way. So in that spirit, we’ve created a playlist to pair with the Good Vibes routines.
These songs are hella upbeat and feature an eclectic mix of current hits plus remixed classics. You’ll get moving to newer tracks from Beyonce, Blackpink, Adele, and The Chainsmokers, along with older bops like “Love Shack” by The B-52’s and “Cloud Nine” by The Temptations. I hope this playlist encourages you to move, but, more than anything, I hope it puts you in a great mood for the whole day.
- “Feeling Good – Austin Millz Remix” by Nina Simone
- “I Love U” by The Chainsmokers
- “Stay With Me” by Calvin Harris with Justin Timberlake, Halsey, Pharrell
- “Love and Appreciation – Radio Edit” by Agnes
- “California Dreamin’” by Chris Lorenzo feat. High Jinx
- “Here It Goes Again” by OK Go
- “Cloud Nine – FKJ Remix” by The Temptations
- “Don’t Stop the Music” by Rihanna
- “Love Shack – DJ Cummerbund Tik Toxic Remix” by The B-52’s
- “Pump It Louder” by Tiësto, Black Eyed Peas
- “The Man” by Taylor Swift
- “Hear Me Say” by Jonas Blue, Léon
- “SUMMER RENAISSANCE” by Beyoncé
- “Dirt Off Your Shoulder” by JAY-Z
- “Girlz Wanna Have Fun” by MATTN, Stavros Martina, Kevin D
- “Bulletproof” by La Roux, Gamper & Dadoni
- “Pink Venom” by Blackpink
- “Million Dollar Bill – Freemasons Radio Mix” by Whitney Houston, Freemasons
- “Walking On Sunshine” by Katrina & The Waves
- “Tongue Tied” by Grouplove
- “Oh My God” by Adele